1/14/15

My favorite EP of 2014!

Hmm, let me look at my EP library of 2014... ok, I have four.  Four EPs, huh?  Well this should be an easy choice, because the only one I really liked was:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antarctigo Vespucci
I'm So Tethered

One of my favorite things of 2014 has been the Back To The Island podcast.  This is where Jeff Rosenstock and Chris Farren pick a random episode of Lost every week and talk about it.  Thankfully, they spend little time talking about Lost; a show that I have never watched, nor do I ever intend to.  What they mainly do is talk nonsense and pepper nearly ever topic with ridiculous theme songs.

So when Rosenstock and Farren wrote an EP together and took it on tour, I felt I owed it to go see them.  What began as charitable obligation became a willing pleasure.  I enjoy this EP a heck of a lot.  Even if the songs have a "just thrown together" feel to them, it goes to show the kind of knack these guys have for songwriting.  All four songs are catchy, and flow together in such a pleasing way.

No comments:

Post a Comment