1/17/15

What I am most excited for in 2015

Good stuff starts pouring in only a few days from now.  Here are the (known) releases of 2015 I absolutely can't wait to hear

Erase Errata: Lost Weekend (January 20) - I forget what internet outlet I was using at the moment, but I was once saying (to no one, as usual) that Erase Errata and Enon are two bands I'd love to see get back together.  Well, one of those wishes has come true.  Lost Weekend will be the no-wave trio's first album in 8 and a half years.  As soon as I publish this post, I'm listening to a stream of the full album!

Swami John Reis & The Blind Shake:  Modern Surf Classics (January 27)
Rock and roll superhero, John Reis lends his superpowers to a psychedelic garage band who will most likely make my "What I missed in 2014" list in 12 months: The Blind Shake.  I've been listening to Breakfast of Failures non stop for the past few days, so I am all about The Swami getting on on this mess.

capsule - Wave Runner (February 18)
This is the most interested I've ever been for an upcoming capsule release.  Yasutaka Nakata broke free of his typical mainstream electro-pop cliches, and released a wonderful piece of independent minded art in 2013's CAPS LOCK.  I'm holding my breath waiting to see if he continues on this path or falls back into his old ways.

Jeff Rosenstock - We Cool? (March 3)
One of my favorite songwriters and podcasters of today followed up another 2013 favorite of mine; the self produced I Look Like Shit.  With the power of a funded record studio behind him (not that he needs it), I'm very much looking forward to to see how he fares with a follow-up.

Jens Lekmen - [TBA]
Currently, the Swedish hopeless romantic is journaling his progress on album number 4 with what he's calling "Post Cards".  They're short and quickly improvised songs that won't be included on the album; just what's floating around in his head each week throughout the recording process.

No comments:

Post a Comment