12/28/08

The Best Films (I saw) in 2008

OK,  let's get these end of the year posts started...  first up, the weakest: Films of 2008.  I couldn't help but feel underwhelmed by the quantity of good films this year.  I think I've seen all the ones I've wanted to see (except for Syndoche, New York), and that isn't very much.  Here goes....



5. Burn After Reading
- Far from being the Coens' best effort, but fun nevertheless.  As long as your idea of comedy is witnessing a "league of morons" get undeservedly shot and hatcheted in the face.



4. The Machine Girl
- 恋とMachine Gun!



3. My Name is Bruce
- What I perceived to be nothing more than an amusing lo-fi Galaxy Quest turned out to be a hilarious take on the Campbell's sordid b-movie career.  While the bits with the monster were more cheese than camp, the sleazy asshole version of Bruce generally being a dick to people made for brilliant comedy.



2.  The Dark Knight



1.  The Dark Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment