1/25/09

Three things that worry me about Resident Evil 5

I don't really mean to make these "three things" posts a theme; it's just working for now...  In just a few hours, the law abiding US gets its first hands on with Resident Evil 5.  Here is why I'm tensive over the whole thing.

1) The departure of Shinji Mikami - Series creator, and director on the best installments has left, and won't even look at the new game in fear that it will just stress him out.  I can't get the thought out of my head that this new game is just going to be a RE4 clone in less capable hands.  The Jaws 2 of videogames.

2) Co-op -  Having no friends on Xbox Live means most of the game's intended fun is gone on me.  I've been an RE fan since day one.  Dumping the static camera angles, classic zombies, and exploration was bad enough, now I'm feeling just plain thrown out of the party.

3)Neo Wesker - Ever since RE3, the series has had its plot in the toilet.  It's a total joke and full of cliches.  RE5 brings back Wesker with superpowers, and JIll is dead but obviously not, and Chris is here trying tozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  More camp, less poor attempts at substance.

I hope the game is good, though.  It would be nice to outdo its copycat series, Gears of War.

No comments:

Post a Comment