2/8/09

Tank controls or die!!!!

I've taken a reprieve from the world of next-gen (current gen?) and fallen back into my survival horror ways. Decided to pick up Fatal Frame III again. A game that is quite rewarding in scares, but a real headache to progress through. In pure Japanese gaming style, you're challenged in the must frustrating of ways. There is no real guide except ghosts you may or may not see pointing you in vague directions; as well as doors "sealed by an unknown power" (which means "you can't go here until we decide you can, and when you have to, we won't tell you.")

At hour seven, I've finally caved in and started following a FAQ. Chasing dead ends (some that lead you down gauntlets of ghosts, even fighting bosses again) have tried my patience, as well as all the damn health and film I have.

For those of you not as determined as I to enjoy all the scares first hand, here is a fun playthrough of the game I've found recorded by three people. They didn't even get as far as I have before giving up...

Part 1

Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment