3/25/09

album of the week - 3.4






Super Furry Animals
Dark Days / Light Years
Rough Trade (2009)




Why you'll love it:  Great jam band pop without stoner pandering
Why you'll hate it: Entirely forgettable


Super Furry Animals is one of those bands I just take for granted. I have all their albums, I wouldn't say anything bad about them, I never skip them when they appear on my iPod... but I don't think I've ever actually sat through one of their albums with full attention.

I can't even sit entirely through this one to review it. This is a terrible review. I enjoy this hippie psychedelic jam stuff, but don't have enough interest in it to go over the fine details. It's just really good background music. With all due respect to the Welsh psych rock vets, it's not you, it's me. This is a good album, but if you're like me, you'll remember nothing of it except that it was enjoyable and guilt free.

No comments:

Post a Comment