4/14/09

Surviving the survival horror drought

The announcement that Fatal Frame 4 is, like the ghosts they feature, is trapped in a torturous limbo; has created a dam in my steady flow of survival horror video games. Nintendo of America owns the license to the Wii exclusive game, and plans to keep it in Japan. It seems I'll have no choice now but to do a ton of research and figure out how to hack my wii into playing a game I'll be paying twice as much for in a language I don't know.

So until it comes to that, how am I gonna get my scary scary ghost fix now? Luckily I have an unplayed xbox port of the original Fatal Frame right here to hold me over. When I'm done busting ghosts, we'll hopefully see a release date for the Silent Hill reboot for the wii, which is surprisingly looking fantastic! A graphics and controls overhaul coupled with SH2 style mindfuckery and Clock Tower "run from everything" madness!

What else is there? There is no space in my survival horror heart for Resident Evil 5 and Redfield's "boulder punchin' roid-rage". Bioshock 2 (yes I'm counting that. Spider Splicers scare meeeeee), looks like nothing more than a mindless level pack. I wish I could say Siren: Blood Curse is worth a PS3, though that wouldn't seem as ridiculous as buying a PC to play The Path...

or I could just play a game that is actually fun, has tight controls, and is without a depressing storyline... nah. Maybe I'll just pick up a secondhand copy of The Room instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment