7/16/09

iTunes dishes out downgrade updates

iTunes made the news this week with its 8.2.1 update that cuts off access to Palm Pre users. Sucks for them, but I've found an even worse problem. Any update above 8.0.2 has a big issue with songs that are encoded with software iTunes does not recognize. If you try to play one of these songs, the app will straight up freeze for a good 45 seconds.


I've experimented, and converted one of these songs (yes i know that makes quality drop) to ACC. ITunes suddenly plays well with the song. I'm not going to re-encode half my library! I've got bit.trips to core. Downgrading to 8.0.2 did the trick for now.


So tread lightly, oblivious mac users. iTunes has been dealing out Trojan Horse updates that force assimilation. It could get a bit bumpy from here on out....

No comments:

Post a Comment