6/13/10

corporate anthem

I'm a pretty big Devo fan, if you pretend they broke up in 1982. The 80's did to them what they did to just about every other great punk/new wave/indie band. I'm also not a fan of musicians performing well beyond their best years without considering their age. So the comeback of Devo over the past year or so has not registered on my radar, until I came across the conception of the new album, due to come out next week.

The big deal behind Something For Everyone is a continuation of the mid-80's corporate embracing insanity that I've always enjoyed by them despite the music quality slipping. With the help of imaginary creative marketing services, Mother LA, Devo has been conducting a series of focus tests to become appealing mainstream icons. You can view all their hilariously awkward focus tests and press releases on their youtube page.

Amidst the focus tests, you'll spot a couple promos for an eposodic reality series forthcoming about the whole ordeal. I'm posting this particular promo if you are too lazy to fish around.



Watching these clips and seeing how it relates to the album content, art, blue energy domes; and the fact that the band is still being creative enough to recreate their image for another album - ok I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment