8/17/10

Revenge of The Revenge

I have a spiteful history with the film Jaws: The Revenge, which is the third and final sequel to the unnecessary Jaws franchise. The 1975 original is and always has been my favorite film of all time. Having supportive, but bumbling relatives, I was given a Jaws: The Revenge movie poster for x-mas when I was in my single digits. It kinda freaked me out, but not really, since even at that age, I knew that the film was the worst piece of media ever to be made.


Every few months, on an idle Saturday, I'll dig up some trivia on this trainwreck (which, if you don't know the plot- is about a killer shark that hunts down a family across the Atlantic Ocean, until it is poked by a stick and explodes.) This time, however, I think I have stumbled on an information goldmine.


This clever blogger (one who actually makes meaningful contributions to the internet!) has done some killer research on the film's shady pre-production. Most noteworthy is the guiding hand of Universal's then studio head, who presumedly willed the film into production, and significantly impacted the entire series by treating it like anniversary gifts for his wife. It's a terrific example of the selfish misguidedness that sometimes pulls the strings in the movie industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment