1/5/11

ZOLL

Here are the big three video games and albums I'm psyched for in 2011.

Portal 2 - In things like films and albums, the follow-up release is usually cursed. Games seem to get away from this stigma, because the first game is usually an unrefined blueprint, where the second takes all the good ideas and makes them better. All the wacky ideas being promised in Portal 2 look to put it alongside the great sequels such as Mega Man 2 and Resident Evil 2.


Bit.Trip Flux - It looks to be a sequel to Beat, but that isn't all that bad to begin with. And I know it's going to be a bit more than that, knowing it is the grand finale to the much praised Bit.Trip saga.


Uncharted 3 - 2 is retroactively my favorite game of 2009, and I don't play enough third person shooters to become tired of the formula yet. I'm totally onboard for more Drake.


--------------------------


Deerhoof Vs Evil - This will be their first non-Kill Rock Stars LP in a while, which makes me a bit nervous, but I don't think the band has shown any signs of losing steam. It seems the new guitarist they got on the last album has only strengthened them.


Polysics (yet untitled: still recording) - Last month's EP hasn't made up my mind on if this band has jumped the shark without their synth player yet.


Obits ::: Moody, Standard and Poor - I wanted to love I Blame You (2009) but only kinda liked it. I've read a few interviews that promises more condensed and focused songs, rather than ones that just sit back and jam. I assume the band is more comfortable with what their niche is now, so I'm pretty excited to see how this turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment