3/27/11

penance

Hello. I'm behind on updates this week because I've been playing Snatcher, the early 90's Hideo Kojima Blade Runner adventure game, brought to America via the SEGA CD. I forget what prompted me to seek the game out in the first place; but now I'm looking up all kinds of trivia that surrounds it. I was reminded of this interview of a once translator and V/O director for Konami, who worked on this game, as well as Metal Gear Solid, and three Silent Hill games.

This is a great interview that sheds a lot of light into how much (or how little) goes into translations and voice work. There is also a lot of candid discussion about the frustrating politics of working for Konami, and Hideo Kojima. I've heard this interview once before, so it's been out there a while, but seemingly only in the form of youtube clips (no clue what happened to the podcast). I've taken the clips and combined them into one mp3 file, just under two hours.


Thanks to
BigBossIsBack (youtube): for uploading the most widely accessible version of the interview.
Push To Talk Podcast: Wherever you are

No comments:

Post a Comment