3/28/11

super sweet

After falling down a rabbit hole of sorts with Snatcher, I also started poking around for info on Sweet Home. I'm a huge fan of the original Resident Evil. Sweet Home was a Famicom game that Resident Evil was a quasi-remake of. It shared a similar plot (team of people stuck in a mansion) and gameplay elements (finding diaries to piece together the story, multiple endings depending on the survival of your team, opening door loading screens...)

What I discovered this weekend that Sweet Home was actually a movie tie-in game. It was released in the same month, and both the film and game were advertised in equal amount.

Even better, I found the movie on youtube. I've only watched the first act so far, but it's surprisingly campy. I feel like I'm watching The Goonies or The Gate. There are perky characters, an upbeat musical score, and all sorts of 80's tropes. Definitely not what I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment