12/29/11

A TRIBUTE TO THE EP: My 2011 favorites, let me show you them

This is the first time I've made a category for EPs. While they feature great songs now and then, I never know what to do when it comes to rating them. Also, these days I can't tell the difference between a single and EP (ex, Pontiacs Cold Finger Girl 4 track release), or sometimes EP and full length album (ex Africaemo's 9 track and 30+ minute, Power of The City). But there were a lot of EPs this year, and some really damn good ones in the last few months, so here we go...

NUMBER FIVE
チリヌルヲワカ
白穴



Wow, never thought I'd hear from this band again! These guys still rock.

--------------------------------------------------------
NUMBER FOUR
†††



It's not Team Sleep, but this Chino Moreno side project still has sweet electronic beats and great vocals. It sounds most like my favorite Deftones album, Saturday Night Wrist.

--------------------------------------------------------
NUMBER THREE
The Nighty Nite
Dimples



Yo, it's John Congleton being John Congleton. I'm sad to see The Paper Chase go, but I hope he finds enough success in this to continue making the sickest and craziest horror songs.

--------------------------------------------------------
NUMBER TWO
Letting Up Despite Great Faults
Paper Crush



Really fell in love with this EP since reviewing it. It's just the right amount of them I want to hear for the sound they make.

--------------------------------------------------------
NUMBER ONE
Jens Lekman
An Argument WIth Myself



Jens nails the details and digressions of an everyday you and me so well. It's great to have him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment